Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Have you ever met your "twin"?

As you may have heard by now, Apple's Steve Jobs passed away today.  Indeed, it's a sad day but it does remind me of a story that happened almost a year ago now.

My friend and I, both in our late 20s, decided to spend thirteen hours at Disneyland.  We were lining up for Space Mountain when my friend noticed a guy that looked exactly like Steve Jobs.  I am totally not a tech geek but I at least knew what Steve Jobs looked like.  But then this guy was with a family including a very frumpy blonde woman and a couple of kids. My friend wasn't sure what his wife should look like either and we were at the front of the line by now to get on the ride so we couldn't google her.  Somehow I didn't think it was him and he certainly wouldn't have gone to Disneyland on a weekend. I do admit though that the resemblance was uncanny.

Anyhow, the whole ride my friend kept whining like a little girl saying how much he wanted a picture with Steve Jobs.  So we got off the ride and I was standing there looking at those pictures that they take of your hideous face while on the ride when "Steve" stood right next to me.  By now, I've had enough of my friend's whining so I went up to the guy and said, "Hi there, sir if you don't mind, my friend would really like a quick picture with you. He's a big fan of yours."  This guy stared at me as if he was saying, who are you and what the hell are you talking about.  He kept staring at me and I could feel my face turn red.  I thanked him and apologized for bothering him and left.  Clearly it wasn't him.  Again, why the hell would he be at Disneyland on a Saturday? On the other hand, he did have on New Balance shoes.  Man was it an awkward situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment